SG Digital are looking for an experienced Development Lead from a Java/J2EE oriented development background to join our team of skilled engineers. In this role, you will be given responsibility for creating scalable product solutions that run on our leading-edge online casino platform. This will ensure you take our products and your career to the next level.
The Development Lead position at SG Digital consists of a balance of four main areas of responsibility:
- Technical leadership: Understand the platform and technologies used and guide future direction;
- Team leadership: Coaching, support, and development of the team;
- Customer liaison: A trusted point of contact between SG Digital professional service teams, our customers and partners.
- Incidents: Management of, and escalation path for live production incidents.
- Build and maintain functionality for our next generation casino platform;
- Manage a mixed team of approximately 6 developers and QA engineers;
- Manage and contribute to technical end-to-end delivery of projects;
- Become a primary point of contact for and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal customers;
- Lead design and code reviews, set coding standards and ensure they are met by deliverables;
- Ensure engineering best practice principles are applied at all times;
- Design solutions that are compatible with the strategic direction of the company;
- Support the recruitment process of technical resources.
Reports to: Development Manager.
Responsible for: Ownership for the management of a squad and software quality and delivery assigned to it. Mentoring team members and building a healthy productive culture.
Liaison with: The role will interact directly with the Development managers, QA Lead, project managers, product managers, architecture and other team members.
If you are the right Development Lead for us you will be able to demonstrate:
- 2+ years people management skills including experience managing development teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Experience interacting with customers, external partners and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrable talent coding in Java, J2EE and their application with design patterns.
- Experience with Java Spring Framework, Guice or similar framework.
- A disciplined approach to testing.
- Good knowledge of large-scale website or application architectures and technology stacks.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Kanban
- Database design skills (any vendor).
- Experience reviewing others work for performance, security, efficiency and portability.
- Ability to multi-task and rapidly switch contexts.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience building web applications.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring.
- Automated testing and CI.
- Release management and configuration management experience.
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, JSON, HTTP, TCP/IP).
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.