Special Instructions to Applicants
Class schedule can be attached for current quarter.
Athletic Event Managers are responsible for working during scheduled Athletic / Special Events such as Ohio Men’s Football Games, Ohio Men’s Basketball Games, & OHSAA High School Tournament Events held on the Ohio University campus.
Event Managers are expected to prepare for events ahead of time, work the event, and assist with follow-up and closing activities associated with the event.
Days and hours will vary depending on scheduled events there is no set schedule per week. Most events are scheduled well in advance but days, hours, and times will vary from event to event.
Responsibilities : 1. Preparing event totes and ensuring needed items are prepared and ready for use on event / game day.
2. Work with scheduled event staff who will man collection gates for events. This includes a pre-game and post-game meeting in which the Athletics Event Manager is responsible for conducting.
Event Managers are responsible for distribution of equipment and necessary event materials to attendants prior to the start of event duties.
3. Distribution and accountability of money distributed to and collected from event staff. 4. Work during scheduled events.
Responsible for management of events to ensure lots are manned, operational controls are maintained, and problems are resolved quickly.
5. Assistance with building clean-up, pre-game set-up, and post-game tear down activities. 8. Assistance with sign & barricade preparation, placement and pick-
up. 9. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements : 1. Previous management experience preferred. 2. Ability to work in a team based environment must possess strong communication & customer service skills.
3. Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed flexible scheduling. 4. Must possess a valid driver’s license 5.
Ability to work in a stressful environment & multitask preferred. 6. Previous experience in dealing with money management a plus.
8. Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and work in all weather conditions. 9. Preference given to individuals available to work during summer / breaks.
Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed flexible scheduling
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access / equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.
Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Clery Act Crime Statistics
To view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here
Required Documents Optional Documents