The Technical Lead role will be a key one for the SGD product development teams. A Technical Lead will be working alongside other Technical Leads, Development Managers, Programme and Project Managers, Software Architects, and Senior Software Engineers in order to shape and implement the technology and people vision of the team that will drive forward SGD's Sportsbook and Casino platform initiatives.
The SGD product teams are more aggressively adopting newer technologies, architectural principles and approaches to deployment and monitoring. The Technical Lead will be critical to ensure these are utilised appropriately and with rigour, whilst delivering the stability and performance that the SGD platforms have become synonymous with over time. The Technical Lead will be expected to actively contribute to the overall technical strategy for new projects.
A “can do” attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
- Ensure high morale and standards on the team (accountability, ownership, and trust);
- Effectively communicate across a global organization on initiatives, projects, and roadmaps;
- Technical analysis of the potential improvements, tasks, and initiatives;
- Development of new features and functionality for SGD products and services;
- Ensuring that UI features and functionality adhere to agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines.
- Lead and mentor engineers of varying levels for career development and progression;
- Build and maintain a long-term vision and a technical roadmap;
- Lead proof of concept efforts;
- Active contribution to overall UI strategy for products and deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks;
- Provision of structured feedback to “back-end” platform developers, to ensure APIs and SDKs are fit for purpose;
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity;
- Ensure that you have a clear understanding of the overall front-end architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements
- Learn to act as an authority on UI best practices, both in terms of technology and design, but also UX and SEO requirements.
What would make you the Front-End Team Lead we are looking for:
- Experience working in and leading a team of engineers within an Agile development environment;
- Having a solid foundation of software design principles;
- Ability to input into high-level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes;
- Strong and demonstrable experience understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS and client-side scripting;
- A strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Good understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- General understanding of the use of Vagrant, Ansible, Jenkins, and Git (BitBucket).
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies;
- Familiarity with Python & Django;
- Good experience with Node.js;
- Some experience with TDD and / or BDD;
- Experience working in a global team with coworkers from a different culture is desirable.
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on a Sportsbook, Casino or eCommerce projects would be preferable.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce products whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.