The Intelligent Transportation Systems teams deliver complex solutions and push the limits of technology solutions. Our talented groups of systems professionals do more than just write code and debug – they make a significant impact on the design and development of state-of-the-art projects. Working in our team, you’re not just an individual; you’re part of a collaborative and highly visible group that works together on unique, fast paced projects around the world.
IBI Group’s Athens office, is searching for a Software Developer to join its growing team. This is a great opportunity to build your development and design skills while working on leading edge technology.
You will be assisting with the design, development, and maintenance of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) software applications. An opportunity that will allow you to utilize software programming skills and to work with a team of developers and engineers, to design and implement leading edge integrated applications. This position encompasses all aspects of the software development life-cycle and is an opportunity to join an amazing, close-knit team that works collaboratively together on challenging projects.
Some of the recognizable projects our development team has worked on include the Attiki Odos Motorway Management System, Olympia Odos Toll System, Maliakos-Kleidi, Korithos-Tripoli-Kalamata and Egnatia Odos.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Design, develop and maintain database, web apps and general applications
- Research new technologies for eventual implementation in enhancing systems and websites
- Provide support to customers across Europe and even North America when required
- Participate in the overall functioning of the development team using existing standard and best practices
You'll need to have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of front end and / or back end development including system design (stronger front-end development is preferable)
- c3 to 5 years experience within object-oriented programming – specific experience with C#, .NET, SQL, Oracle, ASP.NET, MVC, C++ involving debugging and troubleshooting is a huge asset
- Xamarin, Ionic, Angular and TypeScript experience and/or knowledge would be considered an asset
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Be committed to developing highly stable and quality driven products
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI