The focus of the District Sales Executive (DSE) is on achieving results that are aligned with the overall organization & it’s strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, & the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, are the keys to achieving the performance objectives of the District Sales Executive role at Expeditors.
The DSE orchestrates involvement of multiple people in our Sales process, so that new customer revenue is consistently secured for our district office & network. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, & provides growth opportunity, recognition & reward for the achievement of business results. This position reports to the District Sales Manager.
These are the minimum results expected from a successful District Sales Executive;
- Manage an assigned territory & demonstrate extensive knowledge of potential customers & competitors in this area.
- Timely data entry in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Orchestrate customer / branch relationships & collaborate with regional Product, Service, Geo, & Knowledge Management resources
- Participate in the creation of value-added solutions for customer’s logistics needs, including supporting diagrams & cost-benefit calculations.
- Support the transition of new accounts through customer introductions, information transfer, & securing any necessary customer paperwork. When needed, support AR (accounts receivable) collection.
- Attend training & development sessions to continue developing selling skills & updating Expeditors Product & Service knowledge.
- Involvement in local trade groups, as directed by the District Sales Manager.
- Take on additional assignments as required, supporting company needs.
Desired Skill-Sets & Characteristics
- The ability to meet with customers off-site on a regular basis.
- Oral & written proficiency in the English & Greek language.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work productively both individually & in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced & constantly changing environment.
- Comfortable with regular data entry on a laptop computer.
- Strong rapport & relationship-building focused.
- Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing conditions.
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic & persuasive.
- Influences others to action.
- Timeliness & accountability for results