As a Developer in Test you will be part of our OPS Portal Development development team, focusing on the automation testing for our system ensuring that each release complies with the required quality standards and to make sure that testing is well defined, planned, executed and documented.
The work involves adding further test cases to our automated testing framework, extending existing test cases focusing on exception and error conditions and performing some manual testing as well. You will be a member of a highly competent team with great opportunities to learn and share both knowledge and experiences.
- Strong experience as an automation tester, but willing to get your hands dirty with manual testing when required.
- Technical know-how on client-server models and working with customer-facing API’s.
- Good knowledge of Python (strong preference - but other coding languages would be suitable!).
- Being able to read and understand code.
- Ability to express yourself in English, both in writing and speech.
The awe factor:
- Academic degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Scrum.
- Experience developing test cases for software developed using Python, Pytest;
- A working understanding of Ansible, Vagrant, Jenkins and Git (BitBucket) would be useful;
- Some hands-on engineering experience would be highly advantageous, particularly using Python on UNIX / Linux;
- Knowledge of the Python and django REST framework;
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level.
The way you are
You are highly passionate about your work and self-motivated, driven and dedicated to contributing as a team member. You are also eager to learn and enjoy sharing your knowledge and best practices with others. Being naturally curious and open-minded towards the different personalities and nationalities that are part of our organisation is something we deem imperative. Since our business sector is so volatile, you must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So, don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!