The selected candidate will join the OpenEngage Team; a key pillar of the SGD Product Engineering team, offering full turnkey frontends across mobile, web and retail.
The Head of QA role will manage and lead a globally distributed QA team, and will define the end-to-end QA strategy and approach for all of OpenEngage’s products and be ultimately responsible for ensuring product quality. The person will work alongside the Head of QA, Sportsbook, as well as Development/Delivery Managers/Leads, QA Leads/Managers and Architects across the Product Engineering team, in order to shape and implement the technology and people vision of the team that will drive forward strategic QA initiatives.
Like the broader Product Engineering team, OpenEngage aggressively adopts newer technologies, architectural principles and approaches to engineering, deployment and monitoring. Alongside their counterpart in Sportsbook, the Head of QA will be critical to ensure that consistent QA test strategies, tooling and standards are embedded into the development processes from day one. They are also expected to actively contribute to the overall technical strategy for engineering deliverables.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Establishing and growing Agile/functional and system test teams, covering the regression test needs of delivering new releases to internal stakeholders, and to external customers spread across the globe;
- Being a Senior QA representative of SGD to new customers, new prospects and regulatory bodies, communicating and presenting SGD’s QA operating model, establishing collaborative QA strategies (where applicable);
- Provide strong leadership that mentors and develops the team by within a matrix structure where required; providing development, coaching, performance management, ensuring the team is motivated & productive.
If you are the right candidate for us, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience within the software industry, a significant proportion of which in a hands-on QA and testing role, plus considerable experience managing teams of highly technical QA and test staff;
- Exceptional managerial and leadership skills, ability to motivate and lead personal development plans for employees as well as driving change and handling difficult and complex project QA and test activities both internally and externally;
- Experience on team sizing, capacity planning, common tooling strategy, mentoring, training plans creation and governance;
- Experienced at coordinating others’ work to ensure the objectives of the Quality Assurance function are met;
- Demonstrable experience in defining and implementing comprehensive test strategies for complex IT projects working in Agile environments, with a heavy emphasis on automated testing through to production deployment, also with focus on non-functional requirements, notably performance and scalability;
- Ability to work as part of a senior management group leading the Product Engineering programme;
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Dealing with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Technical skills of relevance:
- Qualified to ISEB/ISTQB Intermediate level OR equivalent software testing experience;
- Strong experience with TDD and/or BDD, with hands-on experience of Gherkin and Cucumber;
- Good experience and appreciation of testing using automated test tools such as Selenium and Appium.
Gaming domain knowledge is not required but is an advantage. Having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed, high-volume transactional system is a strict requirement.
The role will be based at either SGD’s office in London, UK or Athens, Greece. Frequent travel will be required, sometimes at short notice, both to SGD’s development offices and also to SGD’s sportsbook customer base.
The Head of QA will frequently be required to make themselves available out of normal office hours for meetings with remote development teams and SGD’s non-European operators.
Online / Working From Home operating model, especially as the company and industry navigates the COVID-19 pandemic.