Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas Why UT Health - East Texas? Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength.
They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our P lace. Athens, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors.
Everybody is somebody here.Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across East Texas.
With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Performs CT studies / procedures for patients of all ages (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) utilizing ionizing radiation and treatment of disease.
Functions under the general supervision of the CT supervisor and in cooperation with the radiologists. This position is subject to overtime and call back as required by the hospital.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following :
1. Performs diagnostic, interventional, and / or therapeutic procedures for patients of all ages (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination / treatment by complying with established policies and procedures.
2. Organizes and documents all aspects of assigned patient care in coordination with radiologists, nursing personnel, and other areas of department to ensure accurate and timely performance of radiology procedures.
3. Participates in performance improvement activities by participating in the collection of data for performance improvement activities to ensure quality is consistent with established standards.
4. Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development by participating in educational activities to promote continuous improvement and compliance with patient care standards.
5. Responsible to assist in the training of new CT employees.
6. Trains students as applicable.
So what experience are we looking for in our CT Techs?
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS :
Certification and Licensure :
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS :
BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS :
Now that you’ve read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).