Quality Assurance Manager ensures quality in all stages of production. Develops and maintains HACCP plans, manages the HACCP team, assures that all Sanitation, Pest control, GMP and other Food safety activities are in compliance with JDE corporate requirements. Involved in all applicable processes to ensure products comply with local legal, European and JDE corporate requirements (GMP, HACCP, ISO, FSSC etc.).
Implements initial and periodical training courses in the field of GMP, HACCP and Sanitary design.
Manages the implemented Quality systems (ISO 9001, FSSC 22000), ensures all QA department related procedures.
- Manage and maintain QMS at the plant in a way which ascertain continuous improvement of quality KPI’s. Support development of relevant QMS and EMS procedures and work instructions. Perform internal audits of QMS and EMS and suppliers audits.
- Accomplish control and undertake corrective actions according ISO, FSSC and corporate S&E requirements.
- Manages activities and performance of plant Physicochemical laboratory. Assures quality of incoming GC and pack materials; SFG and FG by testing them according specification requirements. Achieves products consistency with specifications and working towards continuous improvement of processes and products in collaboration with Production.
- Ensures food safety of all manufactured products by implementing the relevant legal and corporate JDE requirements (e.g. GMP, HACCP, ISO, FSSC etc.). Develops, implements and co-ordinates HACCP plans. Maintains contacts with state regulatory agencies in order to assure required level of product safety and quality.
- Manages sanitation and pest control activities according legal local requirements and corporate JDE requirements. Develops and maintains plant sanitation and pest control procedures and working instructions.
- Participates in cross-functional and cross-department activities; manages and co-ordinates knowledge and information exchange in order to ensure consistent approach to all aspects of product quality and food safety.
- Ensures proper planning and monitoring of the QA department’s budget, plans investments, and prepares appropriation requests.
- Ensures all QA related procedures within ISO 9001 and FSSC 22 000 are up to date and ensures all corresponding documentation is in place.
- Supports actively the CIP process at the plant.
- Supports R&D for all new product and product change projects.
- Executes all department related procurement activities – choosing suppliers, preparation, signing and tracking of contracts, negotiates and controls terms of activities execution.
- Reviews and approves product specifications. Creates and maintains BOMs in SAP.
University degree in Food Technology, Chemistry or Engineering.
Good knowledge of ISO quality system and QCMS, HACCP standards.
Good knowledge of the National and EU Food Safety regulations / JDE policies and procedures/.
Good understanding of Process, Production, Development and Information systems operating in the Category
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance function;
- Strong drive for results and Act like owner attitude;
- Analytical and/or Micro lab experience;
- Acknowledge of local Legislation in the fields of Quality;
- Good record of experience in dealing with deadlines;
- Able to adhere to policies and organize people;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- People management experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a FMCG company;
- Experience working in an international environment.
The opportunity to join a highly successful global, yet local, coffee company at an exciting time of steep business growth
· A strong focus on developing our team members through a series of on the job challenges, coaching and training, with the support of state-of-the-art tools and technologies
· A highly competitive Compensation & Benefits package