MEAN Stack Engineer (Mongo, Express, Angular and Node).
(Open to discuss the option of working fully remotely)
Socital is a growing B2B startup in the booming area of e-commerce personalization and onsite conversion optimization with offices in London and Athens. Our company was founded in 2015 and is trusted by leading fashion, sports, cosmetics, home retail and pharmacy brands to boost their onsite conversion rates in UK, Greece, across Europe and the US. Find more info about us and our clients on our website at socital.com
About our Tech Stack
We have invested in a true event driven microservice architecture with currently 16 mscs and 2 frontend bundles. The DBs of most of our microservices are schemaless No-SQL DBs. At the same time we maintain an Elastic Search cluster to store all data used for the aggregations/visualizations we already offer, with the intention to expand the analytics insights we provide to users.
We are continuously reviewing and developing our testing suite aiming for tech excellence through CI/CD practices.
About our Team
We have fully implemented Scrum in our day-to-day processes. We all participate in design and planning sessions as well as in decision making. We strongly believe in retrospectives and having everyone's contribution in improving the way we work, creating a great productive work environment for everyone on the team.
What are we looking for
We are looking for engineers who are motivated to leave their mark and actively contribute to the team's effort in evolving our product and architecture. We prioritize growing our team with great engineers with solid principles over experience with our specific tech stack.
- Take code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint.
- Design and build Restful APIs that support business requirements through Node.js microservices.
- Model data structures required for new or existing application features.
- Address any technical issues, suggest best practices and/or optimizations.
- Collaborate well with engineers, researchers, and data implementation specialists to design and create advanced, elegant and efficient systems.
- Participate in requirements gathering and story refinement sessions with the product, engineering and customer success teams.
- Get involved in different stages of the production deployment process and help improve our CI/CD pipelines.
- Technical education, preferably in Computer Science; University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJS, Typescript, ES6
- Experience creating front end applications using Angular, SCSS
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experienced in unix systems
- Experienced with git and popular branching strategies
Knowledge of the following will be considered as a plus:
- Experience with High-Traffic, Public Facing web applications
- Familiar with Lucene Index and it’s applications (ElasticSearch)
- Familiar with Ansible and Docker
- Familiar with Nginx and Load balancing
- Kafka or any similar message queue
- Experience with cloud applications (Azure/AWS/GC)
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Creating custom visualizations modules using D3.js
- We offer a competitive salary and additional benefits.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Further training to improve your skills.
- Option to work partially or fully remotely.