Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day.
We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Athens, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas.
With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people
Our UT Health Athens hospital is seeking an experienced Staff Pharmacist . This position will float between our Jacksonville, Carthage, and Henderson hospitals to support oncology and ICU services, infusion services, increased admission volumes, clinical initiatives, quality and safety.
We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Pharmacy department where you will be responsible for :
POSITION SUMMARY :
Ensures appropriate, safe, effective & efficient use of medications through pharmaceutical care in order to provide optimal patient outcomes.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following :
1. Evaluates orders by checking for appropriateness, processes the orders to assure optimal patient outcomes.
2. Performs ongoing assessments by checking patient's responses to medications to evaluate drug therapy for appropriateness and effectiveness and recommends modification.
3. Provides comprehensive drug information services to medical staff, other health care professionals and patients by understanding drug therapy management, to assure optimal patient outcomes.
4. Educates and directs pharmacy personnel by actively participating in staff meetings and attending staff development in pharmaceutical care to identify learning and performance needs.
5. Works with customers (both internal and external to the department) in a spirit of teamwork to create a high level of customer satisfaction with services delivered by both the individual and our department.
a.) Provides good customer service by utilizing good communication skills and technical knowledge to ensure ETMC and departmental objectives are maintained.
b.) This position supervises Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Technician Trainees.
So what experience are we looking for in a Staff Pharmacist? QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS :
Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
Certification and Licensure :
See 22 TAC, Part 15, 291.133 (c) (2) for details on the TSBP requirements for admixing sterile products.
BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS :
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
g., using computer keyboard, admixing IV solutions. May experience lengthy periods of standing / walking and sitting for computer entry.
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. Must use written (verbal visual), non-verbal, verbal auditory, and nonverbal auditory sources of information.
Must make general decisions in the absence of specific directions. Requires near-acuity vision and otherwise good vision.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS :
Work involves some contact with potentially hazardous or harmful materials in compounding pharmaceutical products.
BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS :