The Regional Buyer will lead and actively participate to the Europe, Middle East and Africa (Europe & MEA) strategic sourcing activities of his/ her assigned perimeter of families (as stated below). His/ Her goal will be to achieve significant year-on-year cost and productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels. He/ She will work closely with key stakeholders (both internal and external) in member organizations and in corporate functions to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. In this position, the Regional Buyer will report directly to the Head of Europe & MEA.
Assigned perimeter of families within Europe & MEA: Packaging materials, co-packing services
As the leader responsible for sourcing effectiveness within assigned families within Europe & MEA, the Regional Buyer will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for assigned perimeter of families within Europe & MEA – The Regional Buyer will identify and prioritize sourcing projects for assigned families.
- He/ She will lead cross-functional teams in the development of sourcing strategies and execution plans.
- Monitor assigned families’ supplier performance & risks within Europe & MEA – The Regional Buyer will work with suppliers to ensure implementation of sourcing strategy in accordance with guidelines set at Group level. He/ She will directly solve operational issues with suppliers (e.g., quality, delivery and service issues). He/ She will be responsible for holding regular supplier reviews
- Drive annual productivity improvements in assigned families within Europe & MEA – The Regional Buyer will develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize the Group’s total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned families according to Group guidelines
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws
The Regional Buyer will be successful if – 1 year from now:
· Sourcing strategies for assigned families within Europe & MEA (undergoing a sourcing wave) will be defined with clear evidence of savings captured (first savings achieved)
· Accurate performance data for assigned families within Europe & MEA will be actively collected and monitored
· A common supplier scorecard, including performance metrics and a supporting measurement process, will be in place for assigned families within Europe & MEA
The Regional Buyer will be successful if – 3 years from now:
· Identified savings will have been captured
· Assigned families within Europe & MEA will have a defined and implemented sourcing strategy which achieves best-in-class TCO reductions while maintaining or improving service to the business
· Purchasing performance internal metrics and supporting data collection processes will be in place, actively monitored, and viewed as credible and accurate
· A robust order fulfillment process will be in place and actively used
· Suppliers will be actively managed and developed through the use of a common scorecarding process
Key performance indicators
Performance of the Regional Buyer will be measured against a series of key performance indicators (not exhaustive – KPIs and targets to be reviewed yearly in accordance with budget):
· Spend performance metrics: YoY savings, % of spend under procurement control, Spend /FTEs, Savings / FTEs, Cost avoidance, % price compliant with contract, % standard deviation of price vs. index basket
· Supplier metrics: # supplier vs. target, Supplier risk
· Operational performance metrics: On Time Delivery, On Conformity Delivery
· Transformation metrics: On time implementation of ideas/ initiatives
- BA required with MBA preferred; other graduate degree potentially acceptable
- Successful, multi-year track record in a procurement organization
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or equivalent desirable
- Must be willing to travel
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills – able to construct/execute advanced cost analyses (e.g TCO, NPV; cost-price analyses) simultaneously
- Good planning/project management skills – able to develop comprehensive workable issue sets in complex situations
- Strong negotiating skills
- Superior communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication, both written and oral
- Passion for reducing costs – exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish a new approach to sourcing
- Distinctive leadership – willing to make tough/unpopular decisions, but well respected by internal and external business leaders.
- Comfortable with conflict – willingness to challenge “conventional” thinking
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.